Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Where To Start

I'm not quite sure. But I'll just go along the best I can. I'll start this off with an introduction. My name is James Dunn. I photograph life. Nothing in particular, just life as often as I can muster. I feel like most people think there is nothing interesting about their lives and I'm no different but I'd still like to share it with anyone who's interested. I feel it's at least worth that much. So this past weekend is a good place to start. I tagged along with my beautiful girlfriend Katie for her senior pics.

















Katie in one of her finer moments =)

I went out back to shoot some photos of Katie's backyard because it really is one of the most beautiful yards I know of. And it's BIG.




I try to take photos each time I go there just because there really is that much to photograph back there. And it's gorgeous thanks to all the time her mom spends on it.

So, I wasn't sure what to expect with the photographer but I liked her work and told Katie she had a good and creative eye. I was pleasantly surprised though, when we met her. Her name is Julie Watts and she is a wonderful person as well as a wonderful photographer. She put us at ease right away and even let me assist and sneak in some pics of my own, since I brought my camera along =)














I loved both versions of that last one so figured I'd share both.

But needless to say, the shots that Julie took turned out great and we had a ton of fun the whole time. That pretty much capped off that day. Then, on Sunday we decided to head on down to one of my most FAVORITE places. Titlow Beach. A park, dock, body of water, beach, walkways, woods, AND a bar! I don't know what else to ask for. So we found a great spot on the rocks and took in the sights while she finished some confusing ass homework. I don't know how I got through school if we had to do THAT kind of stuff. But I did of course snap a few photographs.


I love this tree and how it dips down into the water. It's one of my favorite sights to enjoy each visit.



The view from where I was sitting.



She couldn't stop staring at this train for some reason.

Oh, and we also decided to stop by this park in downtown Tacoma.



I'm guessing this park is usually empty because of the bums sleeping and listening to eloquent music on a little boom box. We managed to enjoy the short visit though =)

3 comments:

Rose DesRochers said...

You have an eye for photography. Those are some great shots.

Doohickie said...

A great start! I'll link to you and check up on you, so keep it going.

Julie Watts said...

James! These are beautiful! One of my faves is second to last with Katie's neck and hair and the beach. That's rad.