Thursday, May 22, 2008

Taxi Before the Graves


Yesterday started out here, in an empty parking lot. This is where my brother told me to wait for him while he walked over from the mechanic's shop that was working on his car. It's an old school Honda and he, and people our age in Tacoma love the older model (90's) Hondas, Acuras, Nissans, and all that. But not much the new ones. Anyways, being the little brother that I am, I felt it was necessary to stick a big camera in his face as soon as he got in my car during these early hours of the day =)

And this is the face I was hoping for hahaha.

Jonathan giving a trademark face. Crazy eyes!

So after I took him to school at the college, I went back home. Unfortunately though, I have to look at this heap each time I get home.

A pile of garbage outside of the house. The house inhabited by 4 young bachelors who forget to pay garbage bills and are too lazy to take it to the dump. I'm the clean one though, I promise!

And as usual, upon walking into the house, I found someone sleeping on the couch. I saw the person earlier in the morning, but wasn't sure who it was due to blankets masking their identity. But now saw that it was this month's crasher (we seem to have a lot) Lindsey..........SNAPSHOTS!!


heh heh, oh how I love the camera that they hate!

She didn't mind too much though because she offered to drive me somewhere to take pictures. I told her there were beaches nearby, and forests, graveyards. "GRAVEYARD!" She was all over that one for some reason. So, after a brushing of the fangs. We were off to visit dem bones. Lindsey is an interesting young lady. With an interesting interior to her car.

Pictures all over the ceiling. She has plans to cover the entire thing, but is only a little more than halfway there.

The graveyard I decided to take her too is my favorite in the area though, I really love graveyards for how peaceful they are. Never a lot of traffic, noise, distractions, or danger. Really, If you want to get away and clear your mind for the day. Go to a graveyard, not the beach. Much less people. Anyways...I say that alot..."Anyways" oh well....The graveyard is also a great place to take photographs. Especially this one, with all of it's statues, and tombs, and incredibly interesting gravestones. A lot of things you've never seen can be found in a graveyard.

A tall gravestone with an orb made out of marble on top. My favorite in the whole place.

This is one, made to look like a tree.



I wanted to take some photos of Lindsey in this environment just because. The creepy thing is, there were a bunch of beetles that crawled out of that first one, when she cleared some grass away from it. I guess you should expect bugs when there are dead bodies nearby though.


She wanted me to capture these two graves with the vase of dead flowers in between. It was knocked over, but she couldn't leave it like that.

I really love all of the different trees you'll find at this graveyard in particular. This is one of many pieces of beauty in this place.

An life-sized angel statue over a grave. Her wings are broken. I'm not sure why, but it saddens me a bit.

A small part of this expansive site. A lot of people.

However, the day was finished out with two steak dinners from two different houses, and drunken guitar hero fun. I'll get pics of those the next time ;-)

2 comments:

Doohickie said...

Graveyards are the greatest sites for pictures. Nice... nice.

!

Anonymous said...

James - Thanks for the props on our latest post. We always appreciate a little blog love! I like your graveyard post...I have ALWAYS wanted to stroll through a graveyard and photograph it (for some crazy reason). Also, I can't believe you have seen the movie RAD! I saw it in the theater with my older cousin when it came out...I was just a little twerp back then! And Catcher in the Rye?!! That is my all time favorite book...

Take it easy man, and keep up the good work...

-Jason