Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Cute and the Boring

So yesterday was spent.....well spending time searching for new photos, artists, photographers, and photoblogs online because i was in that mode. Also some drumming thrown in. But when I decided to stop being so lazy, I went to Katie's place so I could go with her to some award ceremony that neither of us quite understood what it was about.....If that makes sense =) But I'm always awarded chances to shoot her pets which are an interesting bunch to be honest.

Maggie is my favorite out of all of the pets, and she'll walk up to anyone new and make her their favorite too!

Casey is AWESOME! She'll eat your food if you're not paying attention, eat the other cat's food, bite and scratch you for no reason, curl up on your lap, AND (my fav thing about her) she terrorizes the other two cats, Shadow and Camilla. Even though she's the youngest. YEAH!

Shadow is my second fav cat but it's still funny when she gets tackled from behind by Casey. I can never get a pic of Camilla because she hates me which gives me an unwavering spite towards her. Why can't she love me like the other animals!?!

Anyways, after messing around with the animals for a bit, it was time to head out. Now, I'll warn you that these pics are noisy (kind of fuzzy) because there was horrible light in this place and I had to use ISO 1600 so yeah. Plus this is my photoblog so you're not gonna get artsy photos EVERY time ;-)
But the event turned out to be handing out awards for students giving exceptional hours in community service and Katie was one of those students! So she got, like a "letterman" letter for it. Not sure why they chose that but the event was at Lincoln High School, which is pretty rad just because it looks like a castle.

I thought those clocks on the castle tower were pretty bad ass. But yeah, we got inside and immediately felt how boring this thang was going to be.

This was the view from our seats. Well, from standing up at my seat.

And this was the mood the whole time. Her face says it all and would mirror mine if I weren't looking for photos everywhere =)

But at least the table pieces were semi-interesting. SEE??

For some reason though, every single time that I go to any event nowadays. There is always someone there with a camera that I want with a yearning. Then I feel dwarfed when looking at my camera, and then knowing which camera they have. Especially when I feel like everyone else knows the difference, but then I realize that most people are not camera/photo enthusiasts and most think both are mucho nice. Also, there are others with regular p&s cameras so I'm probably not alone in that feeling. And who cares really, because my job is just to take my own photos with my camera, using my eye. Not worry about theirs. But I can still take a snapshot of others taking photos ;-)




The night did however afford me the opportunity to try some experimental shots. I figured with all the people that would be coming out of that place. Why not try to get them blurring in and out of the doors.



Not sure what to think about them but I guess that's part of experimenting =) All and all though, the night turned out to be quite fun having good company and of course snapping photos. Just a reminder, NEVER FORGET YOUR CAMERA.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey James! Loved looking at your pics and your cool writing style. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.
P.S. Katie's gorgeous! AND Julie Watts is lots of fun, too.

Doohickie said...

Looking good! Since you've made your way over to my blog, I'll let you in on a little secret: In my Blog Favorites, check out The Thing of the Moment. This is one of my favorite photoblogs. Check out March 2005; some great shots there. Maybe some of those can provide some inspiration.

Doohickie said...

(not that you need inspiration... ;)

Anonymous said...

From what I have seen here, you're quite a talented photographer. Keep it up!